Eating with Braces
As you may know, eating with braces can be quite difficult. From getting food stuck in your wires to breaking a bracket with each bite, there must be a solution! The Corbridge Orthodontics team is excited to share our solution with you all. Below is our Summer Braces Recipe guide, broken out by meals to help our patients with braces continue to eat the way they’d like to while staying on track to a perfect smile!
Summer Braces Recipe Guide
Starting from the most important meal of the day all the way to a midnight snack, gain some great meal inspiration from our Summer Braces Recipe Guide below.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Who wants to start their day off with difficulty eating? Not us! Here are some of our favorite, go-to breakfasts for braces:
- Yogurt & Granola
- Fruit Smoothies
- Soft Fruit Bowls (Bananas, Berries, Peaches, Pears - be sure to cut up all fruit instead of biting into them!)
- Eggs & Toast (We love scrambled!)
- French Toast (Pair with fruit to gain all of the healthy nutrients!)
- Pancakes (Pair with fruit to gain all of the healthy nutrients!)
Whether you’re off to camp or work this Summer, these easy and packable lunch items will make your day easier by not breaking a bracket!
- Sandwiches (Use soft bread & tear the crust off)
- Tuna Salad
- Chicken Salad
- Egg Salad
- Leaf Salad (Without hard vegetables or croutons)
- Cold Soup
End your day with a nutritious and delicious meal that you can be sure won’t get stuck in your braces wires or brackets.
- Rice & Vegetable Stir Fry
- Pasta (Over-cooked so that the texture is soft)
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Mashed Potatoes
- Salmon or Soft Cooked Meat & Soft Vegetables (Like steamed broccoli)
- Summer Quinoa Salad
Of course, we couldn’t leave out snacks! We want to make sure our patients with braces have good options top-of-mind for when they get hungry in between meals.
- Apple Sauce
- Soft Fruit Salad (Bananas, Berries, Peaches, Pears - be sure to cut up all fruit instead of biting into them!)
- Fruit Smoothie
Foods to Avoid
In order to make sure that your braces dental treatment remains intact throughout all meals, try your best to avoid the following foods:
- Hard Snacks (Pretzels, Popcorn, Nuts, Chip, etc.)
- Hard or Sticky Candy
- Biting into Hard Fruits (Apples)
- Corn on the Cob
Enjoy Your Summer with a Full Stomach
Eliminate your worries this Summer by adding these recommended meals into your meal rotation! Your braces & your smile will be sure to thank you. Before you hit the beach, contact our office if you have any questions or concerns or schedule an appointment today!